Military & Aerospace PCB Assembly
High-reliability DoD and military electronics demand the highest standards for reliability, quality, and conformance.
These devices must be built with zero defects and must function error-free over their entire lifetime, and often under severe environmental conditions including high moisture and heat, or freezing cold.
Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Pulses (EMP) also cannot affect military and aerospace assemblies.
Military and Aerospace Assembly
Beyond normal design considerations for electronic device assembly, military and aerospace assemblies require the following:
- Mounting heat-producing components with more clearance space to protect the circuit board and other components from heat.
- Applying thermal compound where it is needed to help dissipate heat.
- Pre-tinning the stranded and braided wire for better solderability.
- Soldering press-fit components to decrease vibration issues.
- Double-checking heat settings (thermal profiles) of the reflow and wave soldering processes so that the components are not damaged by heat during assembly.
- Applying high quality acrylic-based sprays to coat the PCBs with conformal coating to protect the finished product.
- Inspecting 100% of the PCBs and assemblies as they are completed to ensure quality.
RUSH PCB understands the need for quality and we are ITAR approved; we put quality and dependability first. Let our engineers help you with the design, fabrication, and assembly of your military and aerospace assemblies.
For more information on Military and Aerospace Assemblies, contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 1 408-496-6013